Enjoy high quality theater in Stadsschouwburg Haarlem.
From ballet to musical, Stadsschouwburg Haarlem presents a riveting pallet of non Dutch spoken cultural events. Our theatre, located in the historical city centre of Haarlem,offers a high-quality programme of theatre and dance.
Stadsschouwburg Haarlem is one of the five oldest theatres in the Netherlands. This Dutch monument is lovingly called a 'bonbonniere' by the locals, which means so much as a small, ornate box for candy. The intimate theatre of Stadsschouwburg Haarlem forms a fabulous setting for a lovely night out.
Our program includes dance performances, opera as well as plays in English or without any speech.
2011 VG Haarlem
Lange Begijnestraat 11
Mon - Sat 1 - 5 pm
Tel +31 (0) 23 - 512 12 12
Mon - Sat 1 - 5 pm
Online at www.stadsschouwburghaarlem.nl (service charge per transaction: €2 for e-tickets / €4 for tickets sent by post).
By telephone or email via +31 (2)3 - 512 12 12 (Mon-Sat, 1 - 5 pm) or firstname.lastname@example.org After placing your order you will receive an email confirmation containing a payment link (€4 service charge per transaction).
At the PHIL box office (daytime box office, both buildings). Lange Begijnestraat 11 (Mon-Sat, 1 - 6 pm).
Includes drink and cloakroom
Unless stated otherwise, the ticket price for performances at the Stadsschouwburg includes a drink and cloakroom service. Drinks are placed on tables during the intermission. For shows with no intermission, drinks are served afterwards.
After creating a personal profile, you can purchase tickets for both individual shows and series in our convenient online environment.
Create an account
- Click on the login icon at the top right of the page.
- In the next screen, click on ‘Create account’.
- Enter your personal details and an email address for the confirmation code.
- Follow the instructions in the confirmation email and then click on ‘Confirm’ to finish creating your account.
- Click on ‘Next’ to check your details. The more complete your details, the better we will be able to serve you.
- From now on, you can login with your username and password whenever you wish to purchase tickets or amend your details.
Create and manage a wish list
- You can create and save a list of performances, concerts and series that you may wish to purchase later.
- When you click on any performance, concert or series, you will see a heart next to the date.
- Provided you are logged in, you can click on the heart to add the performance to your personal wish list.
- To access your wish list, click on your account at the top right of the page (your initials appear here when you are logged in). You will see your complete overview of saved performances and concerts. To order tickets, simply click to add them to your basket.
Order and payment
- Select the desired performance and click on the ‘Tickets’ button to add it to your basket.
- Next, click on ‘Choose seats’.
- To order tickets for addition performances, click on ‘Continue shopping’ and repeat the previous steps for each performance.
- After selecting your seats and any applicable discounts, click on ‘Next’.
- If you have not yet logged in, you will be asked to do so now.
- Choose whether you would like to receive your tickets in the form of e-tickets (€2 service charge) or by post (€4 service charge) and select a payment method (iDEAL, credit card or PODIUM gift card). If you select e-tickets, you will receive a confirmation email containing a link. We recommend downloading and saving your e-tickets straight away. You can print your e-tickets or show them on your mobile phone at the ticket inspection.
Redeem a Podium gift card
If you purchase tickets on www.theater-haarlem.nl, you have the option to pay using a Podium gift card. To redeem a card, enter the digits below the barcode on the card. Then enter your PIN, which is the six-digit security code printed underneath the silver scratch area on the reverse of the Podium gift card.
If a performance is sold out, this is stated on our website. It is also announced when you are queuing for tickets online.
The online queue is activated automatically any time our website gets very busy. This means you may be placed in a queue before ticket sales open. We cannot predict in advance when the queue will be activated. The button to purchase tickets will appear as soon as ticket sales open. If you visit a performance page before this time, you will not be able to purchase tickets yet. When ticket sales open, you first have to refresh the page to activate the ‘Tickets’ button.
Don’t be a victim of online ticket scalpers! This includes websites like onlineticketshop.nl, ticketsmarkt.nl, budgetticket.nl, toptickets.nl and rang1tickets.nl, which may charge double the price you would pay for tickets on official online sales channels and even sell tickets to sold-out shows. Unfortunately, we cannot take action against these organisations, therefore always take care to buy tickets through our official sales channels only: www.stadsschouwburghaarlem.nl, www.ntk.nl, www.ticketmaster.nl and www.eventim.nl. You can also check www.weetwaarjekoopt.nl (in Dutch) for an overview of approved sales channels and those to avoid.
For your convenience, we accept various payment methods:
Podium gift card
Box office purchases
Podium gift card
Bank transfer: within 1 hour after ordering by telephone you will receive an email containing a booking confirmation and request to transfer the amount due within 24 hours.
Box office: tickets ordered by telephone can be collected and paid for at the box office within 7 days before the performance date.
iDEAL: within 1 hour after ordering by telephone you will receive an email containing payment instructions.
The foyer bars and the box offices of the Stadsschouwburg accept only debit card payments, and no cash. This is faster and safer for both our customers and staff.
If circumstances arise that prevent you from attending a performance or concert, you may return purchased tickets up to 5 days beforehand in exchange for a voucher in the same amount, less a €2.50 administration fee per ticket.
Visitor terms and conditions
All of our services are subject to the visitor terms and conditions of the VSCD (Dutch Association of Theatres and Concert Halls). You can download a copy here or request one at our box office.